Monday, August 13, 2012

Closing The Olympics- British Style

I'm glad that I watched the London Olympics Closing Ceremony yesterday because it was pretty cool.  I was glad to see that Freddie Mercury made yet another appearance in the closing ceremony as well as an epic guitar solo from Brian May himself.
Brian May with his awesome guitar solo.

After the solo, Brian May and Roger Taylor went into one of Queen's most famous songs, We Will Rock You. Sadly, instead of Adam Lambert or the Freddie Mercury hologram playing, pop singer Jessie J sang instead and my reaction to that was much like this:
I used a sensor bleep for the sake of keeping this stuff family friendly.
Here's what Freddie looked like at the closing ceremony.
Here's a video of the song. I couldn't find the solo or a better version because of copyright reasons.
I was sad to hear the song ruined by Jessie J, but it was still cool.
At the end, there was another performance from The Who. They played Baba O' Reilly and My Generation. It was really cool to watch and summed up the closing ceremony nicely.
I mean, who's more British than The Who? I'll tell you who. The Who of course!
Now I could go on and on about all the other cool stuff like John Lennon and David Bowie and stuff, but that will make it very long so I'm going to end right here with this octopus.
Oh, and before I forget, for all of you Monty Python fans out there, there was a little segment with Monty Python stuff. It was pretty fun to watch.
There was also a giant octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be checked over before being posted.